Tailbone pain can happen from falling on the buttocks, sitting too much, a sports or gym injury, or from an unknown cause. It is difficult to relieve, but here are some things you can try:
1. Ice the tailbone.
2. Sit less and move more frequently during your day.
3. Get a cushion with a cut-out to sit on. One brand I like is called "cushion your assets" it has no cushion in the middle but cushioning on the edges under your sits bones to give relief to your tailbone. It is comfortable! I tried it myself. Here is the website: https://cushionyourassets.com/
4. Stretch your glutes like this:
5. Move your spine more with stretches like cat-cow
6. Yoga helps some people
7. Physical therapy. Most clients who come to see us for tailbone pain feel better in 4 visits and then they always tell us they wish they knew how helpful PT was and they would have come in much sooner rather than waiting a year or more and suffering every time they went on a weekend getaway or flew on an airplane or sat at their desk at work every day.
Give us a call at 563-385-3449 or email email@example.com if you would like to find out more about how we can help with your tailbone pain.